POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
On April 3rd, there will be a program for live streaming, Harville and Helen will present Safe Conversations from 10:30 – 11am. Please contact the conference directly for updates and information.
Information about the Conference
The Couples Conferences have become a leading vehicle for learning the applications of the latest research on facilitating treatment with couples. At this Conference, you will learn from leading-edge theorists and practitioners as they define, describe and discuss differing approaches that initially promote closeness and those that move toward managing difference and facilitating differentiation. By the end of this Conference, you will have advanced and refined your own thinking about how to approach the challenge of facilitating intimacy. Attendees will increase their clinical effectiveness by-
- Comparing and contrasting differing professional perspectives and translating these into specific interventions
- Evaluating basic principles and techniques of contemporary schools of therapy
- Utilizing multi-level therapeutic communication
- Comprehending the commonalities that underlie successful clinical work
- Appreciating the historical development of psychotherapeutic disciplines
Harville and Helen’s Presentations – Sunday April 5th
Workshop (9:45am – 11:45am ) – The Space-Between: Resonance And Wonder
Much of couple’s therapy is focused on helping couples dissolve conflict and develop healthy relational practices. Participants in this workshop will discover how to help couples go beyond conflict resolution and create and sustain resonance and wonder in the Space-Between.
- Discuss the meaning of the Space-Between.
- Describe resonance and wonder as a therapy outcome.
- Practice a wonder exercise.
Keynote (1:00pm – 2:00pm) – Safe Conversations: From The Clinic To The Culture
Safe Conversations is an initiative to take relational science from the clinic to the culture and facilitate a transition from an individualistic to a relational civilization. Since talking is the most dangerous thing people do, since listening is the most infrequent, and since difference is the source of polarization, this relational intervention helps people talk without criticizing, listen without judgment and connect beyond their differences. Delivered globally, this relational technology could create a safe world in which everyone would thrive.
- Describe the technology of Safe Conversations.
- Discuss the emergence of a relational culture.
- Teach the Safe Conversations process to others.
Workshop (2:15PM –4:15PM) – Safe Conversations: A Short Exposure
Safe Conversations is a relational technology that helps people talk without criticizing, listen without judgment and connect beyond their differences. Participants in this workshop will engage this technology as a personal experience and learn to share it with others. Participation in this training counts towards a SC certificate.
- Describe the steps of Safe Conversations.
- Discuss the function of safety in relational thriving.
- Practice relational competence.
**For more information on the conference, presenters, pricing for the weekend/day passes, and hotel information please contact the conference directly. https://www.couplesconference.com/