Parents: You can lay the foundation for your child to have a healthy relationship in the future!
Harville Hendrix Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt Ph.D. illuminated the path for couples to find lasting love in their New York Times bestsellers, Getting the Love You Want and Keeping the Love You Find. In Giving the Love That Heals, they present a new understanding of the most profound love of all, which is helping parents nurture the development and emotional wholeness of their children.
This unique book offers the opportunity for parents to transform their families by resolving difficult issues that originated in childhood. As a result, you can achieve a conscious, and thus healthier, relationship with your children, regardless of their age. Harville and Helen will help you understand:
- The Imago -- the fantasy partner that our unconscious mind constructs from those we loved as a child, a that has guided our search for a life partner
- "Maximizer" and "Minimizer" parents -- the defensive styles that internally shape what we say and how interact with our children
- A parenting process that helps to end the "cycle of wounding" -- the handing-down of wounding we received as children -- as we raise our own children
- Safety, support, and structure -- how to give children what they really need from us
- Modeling adulthood -- using our healed sense of self as a model for our children.
Discover how to powerfully improve your parent-child bond. Giving the Love that Heals gives you the keys to help your children become healthy, responsible, and caring adults.